Monday, January 21, 2013

See Autumn Grow

See Autumn bite a Cutie.
 See Autumn dig her finger in the Cutie.

 See Autumn peel a Cutie.
See  Autumn eat a Cutie
Repeat

It was this day that I decided to never cook dinner again.  I'm just not very good at entertaining Autumn and cooking dinner at the same time. (Geeze she had been complaining a lot lately!)  I usually wait for Evan to get home before I make dinner, but he worked late all last week.  I tried a recipe I've seen all over Pinterest for Mashed Cauliflower.  It didn't work.  It doesn't "mash" very well.  So after using my hand mixer and my Kitchen Aid I finally got it "mashed."  I ended up with mutilated, cold cauliflower all over the kitchen and a bunch of dirty dishes.  It tasted just like what you would think mutilated cold cauliflower would taste like.  And It didn't even look like creamy mashed potatoes.  

What it is suppose to look like:

Mashed Cauliflower
photo source

What mine looked like:


AWW...but isn't she cute

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha....I've heard the cauliflower "potatoes" are disgusting anyway. I love reading your blog.....you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I was laughing the whole time reading your post! I have seen where people use half mashed potatoes and half cauliflower. Perhaps next time you could try that. We love you guys and think Autumn is just the cutest!
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mil makes mashed potatoes/cauliflower. Also, all the food at my house is made with lots and lots of "love" because my kids like to help me cook too. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom does this, but she uses a blender instead. They have been tasty when I've tried them, but I don't think the KitchenAid would get you the right texture. Someone lied on this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete