Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Little Things in Life

"It is the little things in life."  You hear this a lot mostly pertaining to how precious your little child is or the sweet thing your sweetheart did for you.  Well, this week I learned this also works for the little things that just piss me off and ruin my day, hour, whatever.

Friday I planed a cute "creative" date for me and Evan.  We were suppose to eat at my new favorite place.  When we got there they closed 10 minutes early.  Seriously?  Like lights off, grill cleaned, doors closed.  I was pissed.  Ruined the rest of the date.  Evan said he still had fun, but I was grumpy (didn't help that I was hungry because I refused to eat somewhere else).

Monday is swim lesson day!  An excuse for me to take Evan to work so that I can have the car and sluff off my cabin fever for just one day.  For some reason I was thinking the class started at 12:30pm.  So At noon I went to get Autumn up from her nap to drive the 15 minutes to the community center and have time to get her ready.  As I reached her bedroom door I realized class started at noon.  We missed the class.  UG!  (At least I didn't wake her up.)  On top of that Evan had a meeting 3 hours before his shift started so I had to take him extra early to work and it turns out the meeting was only 15 minutes long.  So he had to sit at work for an extra 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Today I made dinner.  I mean really made dinner.  I found a new recipe and made a nice dinner.  It was painful.  Autumn was not cooperating.  I was just getting over my frustration of cooking dinner when Evan came home and told me he ate at the hospital! UG! Really?  The little thing that really pissed me off was that I had sprayed Pam in a pan to grill some squash.  I hate cleaning that pan.  (I'm going to make Evan do it).

Sometimes little things like Autumn getting excited to see the neighbor's dog melts my heart, but then there are the little things like, the fact that Autumn refuses to wear her gloves which means we can only play outside for 10 minutes before she gets too cold and has a total melt down, puts me over the edge.

Monday ended up being a really good day despite missing swim lessons.  Autumn and I went to Target and even though they were out of what I wanted one of the workers was very helpful and friendly.  Then we went grocery shopping and stayed on budget, which has not been the norm as of late.  And we even got to go to the library before meeting Evan at the hospital and I found a book I'm really enjoying called "Annoying".  Even if we did wait in the car for him for 75 minutes . OOPS this was suppose to be the happy paragraph.  Oh well I tried.

I was always leery when a guy asked me to go on a "creative" date with him.  There is a fine line between way clever and way lame.  So my "creative" idea ended up being lame.  I thought it would be fun to explore our city a bit.  I see these green land markers all over town so I thought we should visit some.  Turns out there are over 100 in our city.  So I narrowed down our adventure to the historic district.  My little sister Hannah lives by the mantra that everything is more fun when you take pictures.  So that is what we did took pictures of ourselves in front of the green marker signs in downtown.

 I told Evan to "jump" so that the flash wouldn't catch on the fence thus highlighting the creepy graveyard.  Didn't work.
 Governor's Mansion.  It took us forever to get the 200 yards to this site, because Evan has an unnatural fear of getting a parking ticket so we had to circle the area forever until he found a suitable place to park.
 "Do a funny pose"
 Finally not so grumpy and willing to take a picture, or a thousand since jumping picture are quite difficult.
 Fancy pre-civil war funeral home
 "Downtown It's Happening" (What a lame city motto.  I thought Renton, Washington's motto was lame  "ahead of the curve"  because geographically it is ahead of a "curve" on the freeway.)
First post office, which is now someone's house.  Awkward.

3 comments:

  1. Want to ruin my week: make me talk to an insurance company. Boys just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! Love the jumping pictures! Planking is also fun.

    ReplyDelete