Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Some pictures are worth a thousand words

Autumn and I hung around the house today.  On days like today I often look at her after she is dressed and think, "who is your mother?"  You see it's cold here so I wanted Autumn to be warm.  I also wanted her to wear this dress which I find rather cute, but would not regularly be able to wear since it is cold out.  So I thought "hey, I'll put a long sleeve onesie under that dress and she will be just perfect.  Oh and look, poke-a-dots and poke-a-dots. Perfect."  Not perfect she looks like her dad dressed her.

Autumn's hair seems to be only growing in the front.  She also has two crowns so her hair just naturally falls in her eyes.  I think it drove my sister crazy when we went to visit because she kept putting clips in Autumn's hair.  Just recently Autumn has been tolerating hair accessories.  I did two ponies today.  It added to the "my daddy dressed me" look.

Autumn is becoming quite attached to her swaddle blankets.  I use to think parents imposed "security" blankets/stuffed animals on to their children.  And since I'm the middle child my parents just forgot to force me to be attached to some object.  I was so jealous of kids who carried around rags named "mushi."  I would pretend that my dolls were my security item, but then I'd forget about them, which defeats the purpose of a security item.  I don't have a real problem with her being attached to her blankets.  It is kinda cute.  My older sister still sleeps with her "doggie" even though she is married and has two kids of her own.  (She claims she stopped when she got married, but I saw her hanging around when I went to visit her.  She says her son was sleeping with it, whatever.)  I have however seen some unfortunate incidences with other's "security" items.  Like when my little sister lost "B" her blanket at one of my soccer games and was only left with "Blankie" the lesser blanket.  It was like a death in the family.  It was so sad, still is actually.  Whatever Autumn's disposition towards her blankets right now I think it is rather fun when she shows personality and makes choices for herself.  She doesn't usually have them out of her crib, but today was wash day.  Autumn kept pulling the blankets out of the wash piles and dragging them around the house.  She also likes to put them over her head and walk around like a ghost.  She thinks that is pretty hysterical.  Tonight, after the blankets were out of the dryer and I was folding the laundry, Autumn grabbed her blanket off the couch and put it in a small basket I was using for matchless socks.  She carried her blanket around in the basket for a good 20 minutes before I put her to bed.  Also very hysterical.

Ok so not quite a thousand words;)

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it!! She is so cute. I think her hair is awesome. Every day I hope Zoey's hair will suddenly decide to grow! :) also, so funny about her blankets. Isn't it fun to see their little personalities develop more each day?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not! Alice takes it out of the box and Rex really was sleeping with it because he peed on his elephant.and yes Autumn looks like our dad dressed her. Still very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a middle child thing, because I never had a security object either and I made the same attempt to have one and kept forgetting that I "needed" it.

    ReplyDelete