Evan and I have been married 4 years and 8 months. We've lived in 3 different states and 5 cities together. Each time we move I make a mental list of all the things I want to do/see while living in that place, because who knows how long we'll be there before the next "adventure" beings. Like in Tucson I really wanted to see the Kartchner Caverns and while in Phoenix I wanted to go to a spring training baseball game. Well I have accomplished my "Detroit Bucket List." I wanted to see a Lions Football game and go to the North American International Auto Show. I know it is a short list but really sports and cars is what Detroit has going for it. The auto show is a big deal. We went at the perfect time, a Wednesday afternoon. We found parking that was close, although not close enough for Autumn. She started crying before we got inside because she was cold. (It really is SO cold here). We didn't have to wait in line to get tickets. And we could wander around the place at our leisure without feeling like a pack of cattle (with a stroller no less).
Basically the auto show is just a bunch of cars. I think every car company I've ever heard of (besides SAAB) and some I haven't heard of were there with models of there cars. Some of the companies let you sit in the cars, some have free gifts, and some have activities for you to do.
It would have been even more fun if we went with someone who knew about cars! Evan's BFF loves the car above, so we made sure to take a picture with it! I think the majority of the people there were retired guys with there retired buddy. I imagine Evan and Morgan in a couple decades wandering around the auto show together.
Autumn enjoying the stroller. There were lots of things to look at!
Autumn the car model
This Toyota was pretty cool. You could put your picture on the side of it! See it's Autumn! I think the point of this is so that you can impress your girl friend? No I think it is an alternative to getting your Scion wrapped with your company logo.
For some reason Evan kept taking pictures of me in "mom" cars. I guess it was because I was drawn to the mom mobiles, over the sports cars! (plus there weren't very many sports cars you were allowed to sit in!)
Autumn was afraid of the Michelin man.
I finally told Evan he could take Autumn out of the stroller. She loved it...as you can see below
Last but not least Autumn loves escalators. I however do not. If you witnessed your younger brother, who didn't speak, get his Aladdin high top sucked into the escalator and seeing shear panic on your mother's face as she frantically tried to get his foot out of the shoe that was disappearing quickly before our eyes, maybe you'd feel the same way. For now I just close my eyes (unless I'm taking a picture of course). By the way my little brother survived, someone heard my mother screaming for help and shut off the escalator, or it had an automatic shut off, either way it stopped once we were on the last step right before he was to be sucked up under the escalator.
Dustin just told me the escalator story. That's soooo scary. :-/... Anyway, glad you guys had fun! Autumn looks so cute in those cars. You know, a girl who can talk cars is a pretty cool girl. Keep up the good work with raising a really cool girl. :-)
ReplyDeleteshe is adorable! I love the picture of she walking in the truck bed hahah
ReplyDeleteI remember that happening, however I don't remember the panic or the screaming. Maybe having a super good memory isn't a good thing.
ReplyDelete