Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Put this on the blog

I started blogging before I had a kid.  I did so, so that I could turn my blog into a book.  I love to scrapbook, but I thought it was time to go digital so I wouldn't have to print all my pictures.  Since starting my blog a couple unforeseen things have happened. 
1. Evan loves the blog and often asks me to, "put that on the blog" quite often.
2. It is easy to convince Evan to do something if he thinks we can "put it on the blog."  He is more willingly to go on a Saturday day trip to some random place if we "take lots of pictures for the blog."
Evan has asked me more than once to post this picture.  He thinks it is so funny because he says it looks like a football player's "defensive three point stand."
 On a somewhat related topic (consequently a somewhat unrelated topic) my new year's resolutions.  Last year I did not blog about my resolutions because it took me a while to pin them down, hence I have forgotten what they were.  (I do remember I wanted to run a mile without stopping, which I did.  Twice.)  Most, if not all, of these things I use to be really good at, but then Autumn was born.  I'm not blaming her, but I took the "I have a little baby" excuse to the extreme.  It is harder, emotional, to be a mom than I thought it would be.  I did not handle things well, for a very long time.  It is time to get out of "survival mode".  I have broken my resolutions down into four categories.
1. Blog
-Stop putting every single picture I take on the blog.
-Take pictures of myself. (vain?)  There are very few pictures of my mom from when I was a child.  I am just as important (all be it not as cute) as Autumn. And when a picture is taken of me I don't want it to look like the following...

 2. Mind
-A couple years ago I made a goal to read 6 books.  I did.  I would like to do that again.  I learned a lot that year, since most of the books I read were "self-help" books.  My favorite being, "The Gift of Fear."
-Learn how to use Photo Shop. Enough said.
This is another "put this on the blog photo."  Evan is very proud of his idea to put Christmas lights and our Christmas cards around our family photo mural.  I think it looks lovely as well.
 3. Body:
-Exercise.  I haven't figured out how to do this yet.  I hate jogging and even if I didn't hate it I don't have a jogging stroller.  So when do I work out?  During Autumn's nap?  That would limit me to staying home and doing the one Pilates DVD I have, since Netflix no longer has fitness videos on instant play.  I don't want to pay for a gym membership (and even if I wasn't cheap we share a car, and I would have to jog to the gym.  And we already covered how I hate jogging.)  Any suggestions?
-Drink 64 oz. of water a day.  I'm doing better at this since my parents gave me a new water bottle for Christmas.  Why is it easier to remember to drink water if it is out of a bottle opposed to a glass?
-Stretch daily.  Ugh how my body will thank me.
Another ploy to get Evan to do something with me.  My sister gave us  "At-home-Date-in-a-Jar" for Christmas. A couple weeks ago we did a 1,000 piece puzzle for a date.  I learned I am not very good at puzzles.  I kept putting the pieces together wrong.
4. Soul
-Go to the temple 4 times.  I think that is a realistic goal.
-Read my scriptures 5 days a week.  Also realistic. 

On another not so related topic: (but I didn't want to devote an entire post to my ranting) Pinterest.  Oh how I love thee Pintrest, and detest some of your users.  I wish you all would look at the website you are pinning! I hate when I click on one of my friends Pins that says something like "DIY ottoman" and when I click on the link it is to Amazon.com to buy that "super easy. super chic. DIY ottoman."   Similarly I hate "Pin now Read Later" descriptions.  If you haven't read it don't pin it.  I've had friends Pin porn sites because the picture was cute and they were going to "read" later, I'm pretty sure they never got around to reading it, but I did no thanks to you.  STOP IT!  Also you know you can change the description under the picture right?  I hate when a friend has pinned "Fun summer outdoor activities.  Max would LOVE this."  You don't have a kid named Max. Did you even look at this website (refer to above).  Then I look and you pinned it via my other friend, who I also know does not have a kid named Max. Stop it! Lastly, you do not need to pin everything your friends pin.  Pinterest was created as a place where you can bookmark all the things you love.  So while you're surfing the internet and you come across something for your "dream home" you can pin it and it saves in one location and you don't have to have a million bookmarks.  Just because your friend pins "take off closet doors and use as an office.  Such a good idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that."  The reason you didn't think about that is (well you probably didn't write the description, but I'll answer you anyway) is because it is a STUPID idea.  The reason people have offices, is so they can close the door.  No one wants to see your papers and junk all the time, and no one wants to constantly straiten their desk up.  Think before you pin.  When in doubt just press the like button.  You can still find it later, but without the commitment of adding it to your boards.  If you would also like to hear my opinions on modern day health care just let me know:)

5 comments:

  1. Amen about pinterest. No suggestions on exercise...let me know when you figure it out. Keep your Christmas card wall up just a little while longer, I may get ours out before July ;) You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I totally agree about all the Pinterest stuff! So true. I'm sure I have been guilty of some of the above though. You've got some awesome New Years resolutions. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey why don't you try swimming... hahah?

    and Norby News sure is getting edgy! I like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha your pinterest woes are my pinterest woes! so my favorite workout dvd is jillian michaels 30 day shred. i recall finding it on youtube within the last year, so you could probably find it. my sister in law loves yoga & will stick her little man in his high chair for breakfast in the morning and do the workout video while he is eating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or you could do what I did about exercising: get fat, wit till the kids leave home, go on a crash diet and then join a gym.
    I have not entered the world of Pinterest, but your rant was funny. You should read some of Noah's pins.

    ReplyDelete