Thursday, July 28, 2016

24 Hour Party

One of my dear friends from high school that I also roomed with in college came for a very short (24 hour) visit.  We had a blast!  The main reason for the visit was to see Sam Hunt in concert at Cheyenne Frontier Day.  Kristi and her family showed up right before dinner so we ate and then got ready for the concert.

The boys and the kids had a campfire in the backyard and played.

Getting ready for the concert (photo credit; Jetta)
We had tickets in the standing room only "party zone".  We quickly realized we were too old for that (although there were a few older ladies in front of us, so we weren't the oldest)

I haven't been to a concert in about 9 years I think...not much has changed.  I had beer spilled on me, strangers rub up against me, lots of pushing and almost watched a fight break out.  In the past it was me pushing to get to the front....This time I hung out toward the back with the old people whinned about all the young kids pushing to get to the front.
There are boots all over Cheyenne that were painted by artists and then autioned off to "Save the Depot".  I don't have a picture with this one yet.

We got home from the concert at 11 and Autumn's bedroom light was still on.  I went to tell her to turn it off, but when I got in the room it was off and two little girls were, "sleeping".  A few minutes later the light was back on, so Jetta went down stairs to sleep and I read Autumn a story and put her to bed...but not before I discovered Autumn was missing parts of her hair.  Jetta and Autumn decided to give each other hair cuts.  Luckily both girls are pretty talented and the hair cuts weren't too bad.
They also cut Ariel and Barbie's hair.
I swept up lots of hair the next afternoon.
We went to the "Grand Parade" bright and early.  My favorite thing about the parade is you can show up 3 minutes before it starts and still find a great spot to watch all the horses and carriages (which makes up 80% of the parade).



After the parade we quickly went back to the house filled water bottles and I changed my clothes since Lark peed on me and we headed to the Indian Village.  One of our favorite activities during Frontier days.


I found lots of pictures like this on my camera afterwards....
We came home and put the kids down for naps.  The older kids got along so well the adults even got to play a card game together with limited interruptions!!  Kristi and I were both a bit nervous about how well our sassy, independent, assertive daughters would get along, but I can see a lasting friendship there!

No comments:

Post a Comment