Autumn is so stinkin' cute. Sometimes it creates problems for me. When we go to the grocery (anywhere really) people stop us to admire how adorable Autumn is. The conversations usually go something like this...
"OH MY what cute little baby"-stranger
"Why thank you, I think so too."-me
"How old is she?"-stranger
"She is seven months"-I say with confidence and with a hint of pride that I have such an advanced 7 month old (at least I think so)
"What's your name little one?"-stranger
(Since Autumn can't talk yet usually I answer for her) "Her name is Autumn."
This is where things get awkward...They just stare at us and then other people walking by stare at the stranger staring at us. I don't want to be rude and say, "hey can you move your head so I can get that summer squash behind you that is on sale this week." So I usually tell them about Autumns' birthday by saying something like. "yup she's 7 months old, which means only 5 more months until Christmas. She was born on Christmas Eve." Or I'll say "Her middle name is Nadalia. Nadalia is Portugese for born on Christmas. One of those comments usually helps in the awkward stare down in the middle of Kroger. Then I just back away slowly. What do you moms do to aid in this type of situation. Or am I the only one with an adorable child that has strangers flocking to us where ever we go?
Any how like I said Autumn is now SEVEN MONTHS. I felt like the first five or so months went by really slow and are kind of a blur now. Time seems to have sped up and I can't believe she is this old already. I took her to her "6 month" check up a couple days before her 7 month mark. She now weighs 15 lbs 4 oz and is 27 in long. She is very active. At church there is no chance she'll just sit in her car seat. She likes to be out and about. In fact she likes to sit backwards on the metal folding chairs and look at the people sitting behind us (and lick the metal). She likes to put everything in her mouth. July 27th would be the day I think she officially started to army crawl across the carpet. She loves baths until she gets water in her eyes or up her nose when she tries to eat the water. She LOVE bananas and most foods we have given her (except the corn and green bell pepper baby food we gave her. Funniest thing ever). She picks up Cheeri-Os from my hand with such dexterity. She uses both her right and left hand. She also likes looking down the storm drains when she goes on walks with her dad. She loves little kids and likes to watch them play when we go to the library or music time in the park.
It was really hard to take her picture, because she was so interested in her "7 months" sticker
and interested in the camera.
One of her favorite things to chew on is the car keys. I try to discourage this, but sometimes I just want to make her happy:)
I love the Boys and Girls Club. I've worked at three ya know? I miss my buddies at the club. Kayla is a junior staff. I only got to work with her on Fridays for field day, but lets just say if I was a high school boy I'd date her or if I was a high school girl I'd want to be her-well frankly I still want to be her. She is rather rad. I miss her and am jealous of when I see her dress up day pics on Facebook. So I messaged her and asked her to fill me in on the next dress up day, which happened to be Alien day. Since we are afraid of Aliens we decided to dress up to protect ourselves from Aliens. Get it like from the movie "Signs"? Autumn even has a baby monitor so she can hear if they are coming.
Evan's luck has rubbed off on me since we've been married. I won a drawing at out apartment complex summer party. It was a gift card to Mejier. It is like super Walmart, but a little classier. I bought Autumn a Johnny Jumper, she was more interested in eating the straps than jumping.
I love how she likes to stick her tonuge out! That is awkward about all of the people stalking you at the stores and not leaving. I liked hearing about her middle name. So pretty and great meaning behind it. =)
ReplyDeleteAutumn looks like a little Amber!
ReplyDeleteHa. Why do they get so weird when you say her name?? It's beautiful! AND she won't have a problem with people pronouncing it, unlike Isla! Whenever we say Isla's name, people always tell us it's beautiful. Then they ask how we spell it, and then WE get the weird looks. Oh, well! Autumn is ADORABLE.
ReplyDelete