Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving

Evan finally got home from Florida. We actually got back on the same night...Me from my brother's wedding and Evan from his long drive home. So a few days later we had our Thanksgiving feast. We celebrated at Evan's sister's house and his brother was still in town after their trek back west. Sara also had a few friends over so it was quite the low key party.

Sara and I split the cooking assignments, but I told her she could do the Turkey;)

My favorite part about Thanksgiving is not the stuffing or the pie it is the relish tray. As a kid my mom always put out a relish tray and cheese and crackers while we waited for the feast to finally be ready. It kept us busy and out of her hair, she's one smart lady. And of course the football game is on in the background!


Carving the turkey!


I wanted to take a picture with Evan before he went off to play Frisbee with his brother...and I fell asleep on the couch;) Not the most flattering picture of me...but that's what I look like right now! That night we attempted to go to bed some what early since we decided to go black Friday shopping. It was Evan's first experience. I was a little disappointed for him because it was so painless, or perhaps it was so painless because Evan is so lucky. We went to the one store we wanted to go to-found what we wanted and didn't have to wait in a check out line. We were out of the store in under 10 minutes. So then we wondered around Evan's favorite store Best Buy for a while-which was no longer crowded because we got there 5 hours after the doors opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment